Sunday, April 15, 2018

REMEMBERING HILL HOUSE WITH LOVE ONE LAST TIME

Her shining, generous presence, those wonderful eyes and that smile.

The records played all day long.
We danced to Linda Rondstat: She led. I led. No one led. She sang  Blue Bayou high and thin. I sang too--sang along--low, then we sang together
https://youtu.be/lBHRJmW7bVo
"You better let somebody love you
before its too late."

~*~
She made us eggs, toast, buttered bagels and tea and washed every dish immediately.
We watched a scarecrow being made.
Her past pastel delighted me:
'kittens' 
She put a Teddy bear on the bed for me,
two extra blankets, towels and a washcloth.
It was fall and the church next door sold pumpkins and gourds.
The garden then
Glorious, the Correopsis

The ancient oak trees

Dusk

Waving as I departed, she said:
"Be good"

4 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

that's a beauty Full photograph of her

jude said...

She was a pisser.

Peggy said...

I love this. xx

Anonymous said...

I love the part about doing the dishes right after.